Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Swim Day Fun Day

  I used yesterday as my recovery day so no workout of any kind was accomplished. However today was a good one.  The weather was upper 70's lower 80's and not a cloud in the sky. I went to the Old Big Lady (as my friend Lana calls it) for my speed workout in the pool. As per usual I did an easy 200 warm up. The workout was 8x100 at a moderate pace resting for 30 seconds in between. By the end of each 100 I was definitely breathing hard. 200 cool down then I was finished.
   Good Old Oskar got in about an hour at the dog park before we put the canoe in. We got in at Red Bud Isle and paddled up to the Mopac bridge took a break and paddled back. We covered 2 1/2 miles in 2 hours. After that I decided it was enough for the day so I pushed the strength/core workout until tomorrow. Needless to say this is one tired dude with one tired puppy dog.
Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment