Monday, May 3, 2010

Race and Recover

  The Bun Run 5K went pretty well yesterday. I pr'd (personal record) by over 30 seconds. I finished with a time of 21:45. If I had warmed up I might have done better but I am happy with my time and effort level. My friend Escooby had a great time as well. I think he might be getting hooked into this whole running thing.

  This week is a recovery week leading up to my first race on Sunday. It will be my first ever Triathlon and I am very, very excited. So I will do just nice and easy workouts to keep loose and strong all week before my race. Today was an easy bike ride around town. It ended up being about 23 miles but it took me aobut 2 hours to finish. I was going real easy remember?

  I have an old friend from high school who will be running her first marathon with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. She is just a little over 50 percent of her goal and needs help fund raising. If you have the time check out her fund raising page here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/rnr10/bcallahan and see if you can help her out. I remember all the hard work leading up to my first race but she has the added work of raising money for a great cause.

Look out Dog park victims Oskar is on his way!

No comments:

Post a Comment