Sunday, May 2, 2010

End of the Week

  Awake early now for my 5K race this morning with my friend Escooby. It seems I have not slept more than 4 hours a night for the past two nights. I am very tired right now. I  forsee a very long post race nap in my future.

  Yesterdays run and swim was great. I ran 10 miles with Steve, Kelly, Nick and Spencer. All of those guys have very fast marathon times compared to mine but lucky for me I have been training for the past few months and was able to keep up. Training with faster people is probably a good way to get faster myself. Hmm, must look into that.

  After my run Oskar and I went to Shoal Creek to play and the first 5 people who came by asked me what kind of dog was he. One guy said he looked like one of those ancient Egyptian sculptures. He is getting pretty good at catching the frisbee. Every once in a while he will leap into the air and catch it mid jump. I am so proud.

  I left the dog park and went for my long swim at Big Stacey. I was able to get in a 1.5 mile swim but I had to finish the last few laps with a pull buoy because my left leg was cramping real bad. It started in the foot and as soon as I started messaging it the cramp moved to my calf and then onto my shin. It seems fine now. My three hard weeks are through and this week is an easy recovery week before my The Rookie on Sunday.

   A very special GOOD LUCK to all of my friends running the Eugene Marathon today. A special cheer for my friend Heather since this is her first marathon. Go TEAM ROGUE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I used to cramp during a long swim after a run. Examine whether you are topping up w/ electrolytes (tabs, GE, Nuun, whatever, ...). Do you have a drink bottle on the swim-deck, taking sips periodically? You sweat even when swimming.

    ReplyDelete