Friday, April 30, 2010

Excellent Bike Ride

  I switched up my weekend long workout to add the 5k Bun Run race this Sunday so I biked today instead of this Sunday. Tomorrow will be a long run and long swim. I am excited about the Bun Run but I don't plan on race-racing it. Sound familiar Amy? My good friend Escooby who is new to running wants to do the race and I told him that I would go with him. I just really like the atmosphere on race day. There is an excitement in the air that just isn't there on a "regular" run day. Although I still hope to set a PR (currently holding a 22:19 for 5k) my intention is to not go for broke. But having good intentions is one thing...
  The ride today with Mark was great. We went out Bee caves road and 620 to Mansfield Dam and back. There are a few big hills out there and I was trying to push my pace. I ended up averaging 17.9 mph for a total of 35 miles. Mark as always is a wealth of information on triathlons so I got to pick his brain a bit for some of the ride.
  In local Oskar news we took the canoe out on Lady Bird Lake yesterday for about an hour. He did very well and is learning to be calm in the boat. He will jump in when he can see the bottom and swim around for a bit. I am feeling a river camping trip in the near future with old Oskar pretty soon.

Included here are pics from my Bike ride last Sunday out between Decker Lake and Manor.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully Mark reminded you that your race is next weekend, and that there's little you can do at this point to make it better, but a lot you can do to make it worse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, one thing that would make it better would be a pre race prep talk coffe with you.

    ReplyDelete