Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rest day here I come

  I am done till friday. Thursday is a rest day so Oskar and I are planning on taking the canoe out for a couple of hours tomorrow.

Yesterday was an amazing run and much needed after Saturday's grueling trial. Oskar and I went down to the greenbelt and did a 6 mile trail run from twin falls to the top of "The Hill of Life" and back. It took us under an hour. Oskar did great. I started him off leash and let him sprint ahead. He would wait until I caught up to him and then sprint ahead about 20 or 30 yards. Every 1/4 mile he seemed to get more confident and sprint farther up so eventually I put him back on the leash so he would stick with me. I let him go at "The Hill Of Life"  and he ran ahead of me but just right ahead of my steps. He didn't seem interested in sprinting up that rocky hill and neither did I. I came home and did an easy 45 minute spinout on the bike.

Today was bicycle hill repeats. I parked at Deep Eddy pool and got a 2 mile warm up before I tackled the scenic hill 6 times. Hill repeats are not complicated. Fist you find a big hill. Then you go up it. Then you go down it. Then you repeat. See easy right? I rode back to Deep Eddy and swam about 2/3 a mile before the cold forced me out again. Finished for the day and now Oskar and I will be playing at Shoal Creek for the next hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment