Thursday, March 24, 2011

In: Texas Tri Series

  After much debate and internal wrangling I have decided to compete again in the Texas Tri Series. I think I want to try and compete and not just race in these events. So it's time to get to work. My training is progressing nicely and I feel that compared to last year I am ahead of the game. I am swimming and running more than last year so all I need to do is get the cycling volume up to par. Now that spring is here it is time to ride.
  My running group that I was in didn't work out for me so for now I am running solo. With my work and school schedule I need the flexibility of running on my own to make it all fit into place. For example my group used to do their long runs on Saturdays which meant I would ride on Sundays. I know a lot of Triathletes who prefer to train in the order of events. Now that my training schedule is more malleable I can swim on Friday, ride on Saturday and run on Sundays. If I feel like it that is.
  I recently had my Lactate Threshold and VO2 max tested at the UT fitness center. My next post will detail that experience a little more. For now I am off to swim at the beautiful Gregory Gym aquatic center.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear Colin! We will have to do a few rides this spring and summer. And a few happy hours!

    ReplyDelete