Sunday, June 19, 2011

Recovery week in San Francisco

  I have been practicing a more natural progression of training. I increase the distance I train every week following the 10% rule. Well...let's just say that I try to follow the 10% rule. Sometimes I overshoot it a little and sometimes I come in just a little under 10%. I insert recovery days when needed. Here is a weekly total of my workouts for the past couple of weeks. Mind you this is the beginning of a build cycle that will last all summer.

Week 5/23-5/29
  • Run 13 miles
  • Bike 48 miles
  • Swim 2.7 KM
Week 5/30-6/5
  • Run 19.5 miles
  • Bike 70 miles
  • Swim 6.8 KM
Week 6/6-6/12
  • Run 19 miles
  • Bike 78 miles
  • Swim 7.3 KM
Week 6/13-6/19 Recovery week
  • Run 15 miles (23 miles if I put off brunch and go run right now)
  • Bike 15 miles
  • Swim 1.1 KM
  This week is obviously a recovery week. I am taking recovery very seriously this time around. Although I didn't mean to drop the distance this much I will pick up on Monday where I left off the week before. Right now I am in San Francisco for a few days without my bicycle. I have limited access to swimming but unlimited access to running. Unlike Austin right now I can run in the afternoon without worry of dying from heat exhaustion. There is about a 30-40 degree difference in temperatures here in NorCal. I am about to run the Lands End trail in San Francisco. It is about an 8 mile out and back trail along the coastline from Ocean beach to Golden Gate bridge. As you can imagine the views are pretty breathtaking.  Here is a photo I borrowed from about.com.

It is truly one of the more beautiful running trails I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment