Friday, February 26, 2010

Long Run

  It was a windy run this afternoon. Temperature was 54 degrees but the wind was NW @11 mph gusting to 21 mph. Is it me or do the gusts always happen when you start to go uphill? Is that some sort of Murphy's Running Law? Another of my favorite things about the wind is that sometimes no matter which way you are facing it's a headwind. I think it is natures way of helping you train better. Oh well. 8.75 miles and 1 hour 14 minutes later I was finished. Equates to about an average of 8:30 minute per mile pace. Not exactly my long slow pace but to be fair it was only 8 miles. Also, some weird guy kept passing me only to slow down right in front of me. I am not sure if he was just super alpha runner guy or using me as someone to catch up to. I was trying to keep a steady pace but after passing and being passed about 5 or 6 times by the same dude I decided to put an end to it. Afterburners were fired, distance was gained, his pride was hurt, and I was happy.
  So my heart rate monitor:Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart–Rate Monitor with Chest Strap, works well for the price but I maybe looking to upgrade soon. Mine won't let me do splits so I will write more whilst I do some research.
   In local Oskar news: I found out that he really likes eating those bubbles that you can buy in the toy section of the grocery store. Fun Fun. Oh that Oskar.

1 comment: