Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bicyle!....Bicycle!

  I just finished a nice Sunday bike ride. Temps were in the mid 60's but a little on the windy side. We went 23 miles in about an hour and 46 minutes. It wasn't a scorching pace but I was happy with it. The cool part is I discovered within our route there was a 4 mile loop that you can easily repeat to increase your mileage. The loop has one long straight road that is excellent for cyclist and you can practice maintaining your cadence on it.
  Speaking of bike rides, a few friends of mine are thinking of riding in the LBJ 100 bicycle tour on March 27. It's a tour of the Texas Hill country from the LBJ ranch. It has varying distances of 10, 30, 44, and 65 miles and it's only $35 for early registration. It looks pretty good to me. If anyone wants to dust off the old bike and come out and ride let me know.
  I still need to try and squeeze in a swim before the sun goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment