Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's back on

  I did get to spin on the trainer for about 30 minutes and oozed a ton of sweat and felt pretty good. My heart rate was 123 avg and 138 max. The fun thing about the trainer is that time goes by quickly because of my TV hooked up in front of it. Currently I am spinning my way through the entire Battlestar Galactica series. Yes, I am a nerd. It was an interesting episode about boxing that made me remember my brief stint at South Austin Gym kick boxing. I did it for about a year and had an awesome time meeting a bunch of great people. The owner Randy Palmer is the nicest guy you have ever met but punching him feels like hitting an iron door that opens up to a brick wall. Whenever I got into the ring with him I spent about 99 percent of my time just working on dodging his punches. Another guy who is a really good musician that is so calm and peaceful outside of the ring but punches harder than anyone there that was my size is a guy named Adam McIniss. If you ever get a chance to see his band perform and want to hear some music that makes you feel like the world is a good place then check out his band. Here is his website: Adam McIniss. I wanted to keep kickboxing but I kept getting hurt, it's a contact sport, and I needed something easier on my body. By the way a special thanks goes out to my friend Todd. My jaw still does not close all the way when I first get up in the morning because of his right hook. Wow the mind can wander during endurance sports training.
Definitely
not what I had scheduled today but I am trying to salvage the end of my workout week while dealing with a recent sickness. I jumped off the bike and took Oskar for a quick run. We did a half mile out and back for a total of one whole mile. He is getting better and better every time we go out. Best dog ever.
Good luck to all of my running friends who are doing the Austin Marathon tomorrow. 26.2 miles to glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment