Thursday, February 18, 2010

Technical Day

  Today was a "light" workout day. I started early with a quick spin session on the trainer focusing on technique. The workout was a 10 minute easy spin to warm up followed by 10 minutes of one legged spins. You go 30 seconds with one leg with an easier gear, switch legs for another 30 seconds, then 1 minute of both legs on a bigger gear and then repeat 5 times for 10 minutes. I followed this with 5 minutes at 90 rpm in a heavier gear finishing with a 5 minute cool down.
  As soon as I finished I jumped off the bike and took Oskar for a quick1 mile run. I have to admit that practicing running off the bike is getting a little easier. Oskar he did really well on only his 4th run. He still wants to jump ahead of me from time to time but we are both learning. I tried to time my transition between the bike and out the door running but I somehow missed hitting my watch button. Awesome! Oh well.
  I followed this up when I got home with a strength training workout I got out of a .Men's Health (1-year) magazine. It is two sets six exercises of low weights and high reps. Basically it's squats, lunges, mountain climbers, rows, and side lunges. This is the same strength training workout from a couple of days ago and my glutes and hamstrings are still pretty sore.
  For those who are curious I am including a link here to the training manual I am following throughout this training season. It is an easy to understand with plenty of useful tips for novices and experienced triathletes alike. I am definitely on the novice side of the spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment