Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2 day catch up

Race is over and now it's back to work.
  Monday was great. I started with a 21 mile bike ride on the modified inner city loop. I averaged 16 mph, felt strong the whole time and got to use my aerobars once  I got onto shoal creek and Great Northern Blvd. I came home and did some core work on the swiss ball followed by 3X20 tire flips. After all of that I drove down to Big Stacy for some laps. I grabbed the pull buoy and swam (pulled) 1000. An hour later I was hiking walnut creek with Oskar, Lucy and Emily. I had no trouble sleeping last night.
   Today Oskar and I did a quick 4 mile loop around Town Lake averaging 8 minute miles. He wanted to go faster but I kindly disagreed. Oskar did really well on the leash. It was a late morning crowd so there weren't that many people, more importantly dogs, on the trail. I met Emily at Big Stacy for day 2 of swimming. I did a 200 warm up followed by 8X50 sprints on 1:10 with 20 seconds rest. I did them a tad too fast and ended up getting a 26-30 sec rest on most of them. I finished by pulling easy for 400 while working with Emily on her stroke. Oskar and I came home to some more swiss ball core work. If you want to do something really hard, lie on a swiss ball in the plank position on your elbows. Now draw the alphabet slowly with just your elbows without falling off. Mucho difficult. I decided to mix up the tire flips so instead of 3X20 I did all 60 straight through. Off to work and then another good nights rest.
  Tomorrow is a brick workout with Amy. I'm sooooo excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment