Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I've found an Angel

If you have never seen an Angel then pan your eyes to the right and look at this wonderful woman. Today she donated almost 2 hours of her time to coach me through a tough brick workout. So if you happen to see this amazing lady on the street give her a hug, or cookies, or a smile or something else just as nice.
  The workout went like this: 4 mile bike loop followed by a 1 mile run. (Actual distances are slightly lower, I am rounding up)
Sounds simple right? Well hang on there for a sec there friend. The effort level wasn't all out gut busting as Amy put it but a strong pace. So I did a warm up loop on the bike at an easy pace then sped up for the workout. The point of the workout is that the lactic acid buildup from the cycling has to be worked out of your legs while you are running. Your legs feel like "bricks" for at least the first 1/2 mile of the run. I did 4 bike loops with 3 run loops right after. So basically it was bike, transition, run, then rest and repeat. Whew! What a workout.
   Thank You again AMY!!!!
On a side note I just bought a new watch for my race the other day. I usually use a Timex but switched to the Soleus 10K because it is a lot easier to see your times as you a going. I wear it on the bike, swimming and running. Here is a link if you are interested:

2 comments:

  1. Awwww. I'm not sure if it's possible for me to love Amy Anderson any more than I already do, but if so, this sealed it. I love that she did that for you, especially on what has to be a stressful week for her heading into Boston. <3

    Great job on a tough workout. Beer, BBQ and the Old 97s tonight will help you recover. : )

    ReplyDelete