Saturday, April 10, 2010

Long Swim Day

  Today got off to a slow start but I was able to swim which was great. I was down at Red Bud Isle with Oskar and friends. My lovely friend Katie was in from Portland so Emily, Lucy and Katie met Oskar and I at the park for some K-9 shenanigans. Lucy just got a new haircut and looked quite proud of herself the whole time.
  After I left I was trying to convince myself to go swim and was headed for good ol Big Stacy. Then I thought that I might need a change up. Well another Austin gem was on just down the street from Big Stacy. I present to you for your consideration, the frigid waters of Deep Eddy. It is a Aquifer fed pool that maintains a constant water temp of 68-72 degrees. I swam a mile and never warmed up. It was AWESOME! Too bad Deep Eddy isn't free like Big Stacy. But it was only 3 bucks.
  Now I need an easy night at work and then my 10K in the morning. WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment