Monday, June 28, 2010

Back on track

  So i t looks like last weeks injuries are pretty much all healed up. But the scars...they last a lifetime. Haha. But seriously I am back on for this week of full fledged training. Saturday was supposed to be a 10 mile run that ended up being 12 miles. I didn't look at a map of the run before I started. There was a person at Rogue, who will not be named (Allison), announced the mile five turnaround point when it was actually mile six. Doing that route out and back gave me a 12 mile run instead of the intended 10. I'm glad actually. This way I got in a couple of extra inadvertent miles. I went home, picked up the puppy dogs, drank a recovery shake and headed to Barkin' Springs for some healing.
  Exhaustion caught up with me on Sunday so I did not force myself onto the bike. Later on in the evening I did a nice and easy leisure ride through downtown Austin at sunset. It was pretty nice.
  Today got off to a great start. I was up by 6 am and out the door by 7 for mile repeats on the track. Jealous right? I did a mile warm up at an easy pace followed by 3 mile repeats at 5K pace with a recovery lap in between each mile. I "Cooled Off" with a 1 mile easy run home. My 5K pace is around 7 minute miles. In this heat and humidity I struggled to maintain that pace throughout. When I got home I loaded the pups in the car and took off to Red Bud Isle for some dog time. They were great and I wore my swimsuit to get in the water with them as well. Oskar has been swimming since shortly after I got him back in February but I have never known Lucy to really swim. That is until today. Lucy is officially a swimmer now. Something just clicked with her today. She finally lost her hesitation and was leaping off of rocks to fetch the tennis ball. I was amazed and Oskar was in shock. No longer was he the only one fetching the ball out of the water. Lucy was paddling right along beside him over and over again. It has been a long journey to get her to this point and when I saw her leap into the water from a rock and do a doggie belly flop I knew at that moment that it was mission accomplished.
  I still have a core class in a couple of hours and then swimming with Scooby at Barton Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment