Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away Please.

  I haven't been swimming all that much lately and it is starting to mess with my head. My next race is a week from tomorrow and although the swim distance is only 800 meters I would still like to get some swim time in before the race. The good news is that all of the lakes and rivers around here are filling up.
  Okay now the whining is over. Thursday was an nice and easy recovery run with Tony, Mandy and Oskar. We started at 7:30 in the a.m. and when we got back to the cars Mandy realized she had brought her house key with her in the run and not her car key. Afraid that she would be locked out of her car we walked over to see if we could figure a way in. Well the no good thieves that bashed in her passenger side window solved the problem for her. Fortunately her wallet, phone and car keys were miraculously still in the car. I think all they got was a near empty purse and hopefully a few lacerations from the broken glass.
  Friday was supposed to be a long swim day. I rode my bike down to Barton Springs and right before I got there the sky started dumping a ton of rain. I waited too long to swim and I missed out. Although it did feel like I was swimming by the time I rode all the way home in the monsoon.
  This morning was a 12 mile run with Rogue. It was another gross and muggy run. The humidity makes it so hard to breathe. I ran a little slower than 9 minute miles and was really dragging at the end. The hope here is that by the end of the summer, when the temperatures drop, so will all of my times. That is the hope at least. A little over half way through the run I was on riverside and was crossing over I-35. I noticed a car speeding by me on the right and I had a fleeting thought that I could make in time. I stopped dead (pardon the pun) in my tracks when I realized the car was a Hearse. Seriously? Hey Universe, message received.
  In dog news Oskar and Lucy are currently asleep under my feet. Oskar and I just got back from a bike ride. It was hot so we took a couple of water breaks for him. The ride ended up being a 3 mile round trip from my house to the coffee shop and back. Poor Lucy has arthritis in her knee and it has been acting up for the last couple of days so she can't do that kind of running. She has been limping around the house for the last couple of days and stirring up trouble with Oskar by goading him to play fight while she lies on the ground. Yep, Lucy has been the only instigator. Oskar just casually walks by but no, Lucy starts messing with him and forcing innocent Oskar into playing rough.

   Just another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment