Monday, September 13, 2010

Making my last Macro

  So my last race of the season is October 17th. That gives me 3 solid weeks of training and lets me come down from the peak of my Macro schedule for two weeks and then race. That's the plan. During second week of my build phase I will be on the road to California so I will probably do all running that week. If I am lucky I will be able to get some surfing in as well that week. I am fully recovered and rested from my race last week but probably not recovered from my BBQ last night.
  After my race I did an easy 4 mile run with Oskar down on Town Lake. It was the day after Tropical Storm Hermine so the trail was disgusting. You could see where it had flooded and the trail itself was a mudpit. Luckily Oskar has 4 wheel drive so he was fine but I was slipping and sliding all over the place. Next was some laps down at Deep Eddy. I got in close to a mile before the hamstrings cramped badly while using my zommer fins. On Friday morning I got up and did a 50 mile ride with Karen Smith. She is one of Rogues coaches who trains some pretty elite runners in North Austin. We rode out Parmer Lane and back. I took Saturday off and on Sunday I got in a 10 mile run down on Town Lake. It was hot and muggy but I finished fine.
  Today is Monday and although this is the first day of the last Macro cycle I am getting off to a slow start. Uggh.

No comments:

Post a Comment