Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Run, running and more running

  Since my bicycle has been out of commission for the past few days I have tried to focus more on my running. Which is good because that is what seems to need the most work anyways. My bike is fine I just couldn't ride it until I got the gears adjusted so the chain would stop slipping. Once again the good folks at Jack and Adams were able to get my bike in and fix it in about 5 minutes for a song. Not really a song actually because my mother is the one with the beautiful singing voice not me.
  Monday was an off day for me. I didn't mean for it to be but I just got sidetracked with a everything else except for triathlon training. Wait a minute is there a life outside of all of this? I got a little down with all of the errands I was failing at so I decided to take in a movie at the Alamo Drafthouse. It changed my whole outlook instantly. I saw and totally recommend Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. The movie was hilarious. Loved it. Anyways my day brightened up after that.
  Tuesday I took Oskar out for a 6 mile run on the Greenbelt to tackle the Hill of Life. We rocked it. There was hardly a soul out there at 10 am and with all of the rain we got recently the water level looked great. This time Oskar had no problem keeping up. We got done, headed home and I took my other bike to work for some sort of bike workout. Although it was only a ten mile round trip the ride home is almost all uphill so in the immortal words of Bill Murray, "Well, at least I've got that going for me, which is nice..."
  Today I met Tony and Mandy down at Town Lake for our weekly recovery run. You can tell that a variety of Austin Marathon training groups have started because the parking situation at the trail was dicey to say the least. Oskar was happy to run with us as well. Two runs in a row for the little dog wonder. He's a little tired now. After that I came home, ate breakfast, took my bike for repairs and then headed over to Barton Springs for some volunteer work. The Friends of Barton Springs held an emergency cleanup because of all of the flooding recently. I figured with all of the free swimming I get over there, a couple hours of my day was a fair trade. I checked in for my noon shift, was handed a shovel and I worked a pile of gravel and silt until it was no more. I was thinking about a swim afterward but alas I had absolutely no energy left for that.
  That's all for now. Thanks for reading and feel free to share this Blog with anybody you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment