Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 2

  Winter triathlon training for me involves a lot of time in the garage. Luckily for me I have a gargantuan television set up in there and some of that interlocking gym flooring to make my workout area a little more comfortable. The TV is great for doing the P90X videos and for watching a movie while on my trainer. Yesterday I did the shoulders and arms workout video followed by about 45 minutes on my trainer watching a James Bond movie. Action movies are great for working out to because you can just ratchet up the volume to overpower the sound the bicycle trainer makes.
  So I may still be doing the Vineman but like I wrote earlier there might be a change in plans. Ironman UK is also in July and I think an international destination Triathlon could be exactly what I need right about now. We will see if I can come up with the funds to cover the entry fee, plane ride and lodging. I think it would totally be worth it. Also I have a few friends racing the Eugene marathon in May that I might join. I really would like to race Big Sur on the same date but that thing is totally sold out. Details to come as soon as I can scrape together some money for all of this.
  Oh an Oskar is doing just fine these days. He makes it to my runs with me and all I need is one of those bike trailers to pull him along on some of my tougher bike rides. Can you imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment