Saturday, January 15, 2011

Friends help

 My first day running back at Rogue and it was a cold, wet and early morning. I woke up at 5:30 for a 7 am run and immediately fought off the urge to crawl back under the covers. I am keeping my mileage low for the first month until I get back into full swing. I only ran 8 miles this morning which I know is not very much but it was the first step on a long road to Ironman. Knowing I was only going to run 8 miles made it more difficult to get out of bed because I know I could have done this run on my own. Luckily I have a few friends at Rogue and the thought of seeing them again made the choice of going a lot easier. Thank you Jenn, Heidi, Joe and Mandy for running with me this morning.
  I am in the process of upgrading my messenger bike to help me get some extra cycling miles this training season. I picked up a used cycle computer from Ozone to log my miles on my commute to and from work and school. My old boss form New York is sending me another courier bag from my bike messenger days so that will make commuting easier. I also bought a new lock since my old trusty chain lock ended up in San Francisco. I still need to put some cages on the pedals so I can get a little more benefit out of my ride. The cages will help my turnover when I spin.
  Woohoo! Good start already. Oh and a special thank you to Barton for helping me with my hamstring issues. I appreciate the fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment