Monday, February 21, 2011

Update

   I have a updated vision of my racing season that I am still working on. I was originally going to race the Vineman. That race changed to Ironman UK and due to circumstances beyond my control I am thinking I may not due that race. I still plan on racing all year long in 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon distances. But I am a little weary of my triathlon race schedule. Part if not all of the Texas Tri series is in play, but I still need an "A" race to focus on about 5-7 months from now, preferably a full Ironman distance race.
  My training for the past month has been spotty due to weather, school commitments, life commitments, family concerns and injuries. I had shin splints that sidelined me for a week and then I rolled my ankle at work which kept me from running for another week. I have been able to get in some quality swims for the past month and I think I am back at my level of swim fitness that I was at the end of last season. There has hardly been any cycling done so we are not talking about that right now.
  I think I have a handle on some of the curve balls that life has thrown my way recently and now I am ready to commit myself to the whole process all over again. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment