Monday, February 21, 2011

Run and a Swim

  Today started out with a nice and easy 4 mile run around Town Lake with my friends Tony, Mandy and of course little Oskar. My off season has not been kind to neither Oskar nor I. Recently the vet did not explicitly call my dog fat but he said to try and not let him gain any more weight. What?!?!?!?! I couldn't believe it. Then I took a look in the old mirror and decided to get my ass and Oskar's, in gear.
   I ran 4 miles around Town Lake to ease back into running and test out the leg. Besides a few minor aches, and I mean minor, everything seems to be working as it should be. Tony and Mandy continued on for the seven mile loop after dropping Oskar and I at the 4 mile mark. I am not ready to overload myself with too many miles.
  After my discussion class at school I went over to the gym at UT and got in a mile swim. I started with a 400 m warm up followed by alternating 50 m kick drills and 50 m pull drills for a total of 800 m. If you add in a 400 m cool down you come up with a mile. I also made use of the UT hot tub to relax parts of my legs that were starting to cramp up.
  If I can get in 4 runs, 4 swims and at least 2 rides a week I will be happy and very tired. Yesterday I rode along the Austin Marathon course to cheer on the runners and find some friends. I rode the majority of the course and I am once again inspired and awed by the marathon distance. I definitely want to add a marathon to my list of races this year. I just cannot decide which one yet.
  Off to bed soon. Team Rogue starts at 5:30 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment