Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bike/Run

   It would seem that I'm a day late on posting this but oh well. So yesterday was a double workout day. I started off with a 20 mile ride through downtown Austin, Scenic, Pecos, Shoal Creek, North Loop, Speedway, Capital and then home. It's nice to get out on the road and off the trainer. Although I will admit that the trainer has definitely helped my pedal stroke and power. With the same gear combination and and effort I am averaging about 3-4 mph more than I am on the trainer. So that's good news.
  After the Dog Park with Oskar and my friends French Bulldog (Gus) I met up with my first ever running partner, Aimee, and I found Paul out on the trail as well and he joined us for a 5 mile loop around Town Lake. Aimee and I ran our first marathon as an unofficial team back in 2008. It was a tough hilly race and we promised to run together the whole way but at the end it was every person for themselves. She beat me by about a minute I think. My favorite part of that day was at the end. Aimee had waited for me at the finish line and when I got there she gave me a big hug and when she did her hamstrings seized up and she collapsed to the ground. Poor Aimee, they brought over a wheelchair to move her out of the way and I can remember her saying "I'm Fine, I'm Fine."
  Now off to Dog Parks and swimming pools.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are getting ready for a race! Cool!

    Speaking of race, go check your email! :-)

    ReplyDelete