Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rain Out Switch Up

  So I wake up at 5 am this morning for my 10 mile run with Rogue. Everything is going fine, I'm eating my Oatmeal, drinking my coffee, and playing with Oskar when I get a text message from my friend Melissa who is supposed to meet me for our group run. She writes that she is backing out because it's going to rain and just wanted to let me know. I reply with, "I think I'm gonna go for it since I'm already up." Before I walk out the door I pull up the weather radar on the computer and see dark a redish orangish line of ferocity from Oklahoma to Mexico about to cross right over Austin. I was asleep in bed 5 minutes later.
  Congrats to the runners who braved the weather but the silver lining of multi-sport training is that there is always another discipline to turn to if conditions aren't right.  Do not get me wrong I LOVE running in the rain. It can be a slightly spiritual experience but I draw the line at raging thunderstorms. One of my most favorite runs was while in New York I did a 4 mile loop across the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges in a blustery rainstorm and nobody was out in it but me.
  So long story short is I spun my wheel on the trainer for an hour and I will run my 10 miles tomorrow.

Goodluck to my friend Tony running the LA marathon tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Running in the rain always seems slightly therapeutic. Not that I ever do it, I enjoy driving in the rain instead, but it's a nice time to think (or not).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that was your most favorite rain run, may the one with me be your second most favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, NY was my favorite solo rain run. Favorite rain run ever has to be ours.

    ReplyDelete