Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Two Day Entry

  Sooooo yesterday was a full workout day. It started off with some speed work in the swimming pool. Big Stacy was a little crowded. At one point three German swimmers in their 20's joined a lane that already had 2 guys in it. They were swimming pretty quick. I was doing 50m (66m) sprints and I was barely faster than their "normal" pace. So the workout was 200 warm up, 8x50 sprints, followed by a 200 cool down. Then it was
 "auf wiedersehen" for me.  I got home after taking Oskar to the park and jumped on the trainer for about 30 minutes to spin. That workout was 10 minute warm up followed by 10 minutes of alternating one legged spins, followed by 5 minute all out sprint and finishing with a 5 minute cool down. A core workout with the swiss ball and 60 tire flips 30 pushups and 24 pullups with the rope and I was done. Wow that sounds like a lot more when I write it down.
  That was yesterday. Today was a fast 5 mile run around Town Lake with Emily. Yep, that's all. Nothing too crazy I know. We debated at the beginning of the run of doing a moderate 7 mile run but opted for the fast 5 mile version. It was the kind of run that when you finish you may or may not throw up. Who knows?
  I am very thrilled that this Friday I get to ride with my friend Mark and his buddy Keith. Which reminds me that I better confirm his email. Mark if you are reading this I will be at your house at 11 on Friday morning. Also some very special "training" with my coach and friend Amy this Sunday. All in all it's a great week here.

1 comment:

  1. 'k :-) (plus I'll get my people to e-mail your people to confirm all y'all)

    ReplyDelete