Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Busy Busy

   Wow what a fast day so far.  After a late start out the door this morning, Oskar and I hit the ground running. We went to Red Bud Island Dog Park. Oskar loves this place. The people there seem to be friendlier there as well. Did about an hour and a half there to  wear out the little beast. I am so proud of my little guy because it was the first time he swam. He has been in the water several times but this time he swam out and fetched a ball. I was positively beaming.
  We cruised out of there and headed to Big Stacy so I could swim. It was a quick 30 minute swim of 200 warm up, pull 2X400 and 200 cool down. I learned something very interesting about that pool today. Apparently  it is not 25 yards but it is 33 meters. I haven't independently verified this but according to my math when I swam my mile I actually swam 1.3 miles. My workouts were better than I thought. Ignorance is bliss and I kind of wish I was still in the dark about this but oh well.
  Oskar and I sped away from Big Stacy to head back to Town Lake for a fast 4 mile run. It still catches me off guard when I combine workouts by how hard the second half is but I better get used to it. Well since I had parked at the dog park entrance naturally I couldn't leave without Oskar getting his two-a-day. 30 minutes later we both were exhausted and came home.
  Time for work!

1 comment: