Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday and Saturday

  My Friday started off with riding the "Dam Loop" with Mark and Keith. It was a 34 mile out and back route. We started around 360/Lost Creek and rode Bee Caves and 620 until we got to Mansfield Dam turned around and came back. Mark is an excellent cyclist and I had to push myself to catch up with him.. It took us a little over 2 hours and then I was exhausted.  It was a ride of firsts. It was the first time I did that route, fist time to go over 40 mph, first time to ride that distance. I am starting to feel more confident about my cycling.

This is Mark. If you see him on the road please don't run him over. His wife would not appreciate it. Plus, he let me borrow aero bars for my bike. More on that later.

    Saturday started with a 7 am run with Rogue. 10 tough miles in the humidity was plenty for me today. I read somewhere that humid days are hard to run in because the water molecules in the air bond with the oxygen molecules making it harder to breathe. This seems to match up with what I feel when I run through such soupy conditions.
   Tomorrow is my transition training with Amy and then my long swim. I am very very very excited!

I am including a picture of Oskar and Lucy enjoying the mud at the park today.They had quite a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment