Monday, March 29, 2010

Transition Training

  Sunday was a fantastic training day with my FRIEND Amy. She has also been my running coach at one point so she gets the double moniker of friend and coach. We met at O Henry middle school parking lot with all of my triathlon gear. I had my bicycle, cycling shoes, running shoes, helmet, goggles, towel and sunglasses. We set up everything as if it were a real race. I folded up my towel into a changing mat and organized everything to be the most efficient. The helmet was upside down and unclasped with the sunglasses in it and shoes were untied and unclamped.  We simulated transition zones, swim exit, bike in and out, running out, and finish. My new mantra for transitions is "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast." This means I can't try and rush the transition or I will end up wasting more time.  Amy gave me lots of tips and information on race day preparation. I feel a lot more comfortable now with what I have learned. Thank You again Amy.
  In local Oskar news he is currently watching It's Me or the dog. He is extremely interested in the bad behaviors of other dogs. I think I need to turn off the TV because Oskar is getting too many ideas. Off to the dog park.

No comments:

Post a Comment