Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Halfway There...well sorta

    The goal is to build for 3 weeks and recover for a week, rinse and repeat for 5 months. Right now I am in the middle of week 2 so just another week and a half until recovery week. At the end of recovery week is my first race, The Rookie. May 9th at the Texas Ski Ranch. It is a super short sprint race consisting of a 300 meter swim, 11 mile bike and 2 mile run. I cannot wait but I am definitely a little nervous.
  Yesterday was another big day. On the bicycle I only did 6.67 miles.......but it was hill repeats up Mt. Bonnell. I could only scrape together three of them but they were quality runs for sure. After that I came home ant did 3X20 Tire Flips with rope pull ups and push ups. Next it was dog park with Oskar for an hour then Big Stacy time where I got out the pull buoy and pulled (swam) a mile.
   The lane etiquette at that place is so funny. They have three roped off lanes and then an open swim area. So if it is crowded there it kind of sucks. Not to mention that if you ask people to swim 3 in a lane doing circles they look at you as if you just ran over their cat. Yesterday was a strange one. I had been waiting for about 30 minutes for a spot. There were 6 people in 3 lanes. One guy got out of lane 2. Right then a women, who didn't know I was waiting in line, made a move for the lane. I politely pointed out her mistake and proceeded to lane 2. Right then this creepy dude from lane 1 moves over to swim with the girl that was still in lane 2 but spent most of her time chit chatting with the lifeguard while a few of us were waiting for her to get out. Frustrating right? Well once creepy guy showed up she got out. I moved my stuff to lane 1 to take his spot.Before  I got in the water a women from the open lanes just moved over like there was no line. I asked her, "Soooo I guess you are going to move over and swim here?" And she goes, "Oh sorry, yep." ARRRGGGHHHH! So I go back over to the open swim area where you can still swim laps but you gotta dodge other people veering into your path. It was quite comical actually.
  Now today is bike/run/core day. Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Well, it was very polite of you not to go Rogue on their asses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Colin, I see the rude asses all the time here too at White Rock Lake. It's like the bikers think they own the damn path sometimes...forcing me to jog in a grassy area so I don't get plowed down by a biker... I can literally feel a breeze from a bike against me sometimes - really makes you want to scream or put objects in their path!

    ReplyDelete