Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two-A-Day Time

   Oh man was Monday a great workout day. I got started a little later than I wanted to because I was keeping tabs on my friends running Boston and watching the Nascar race. I started off the swim at Big Stacy. I did a 200 (264 meter) warm up followed by 12X50 (66 meter) sprints resting 20 seconds and then another 200 (264 meter) cool down. By the last couple of sprints my lungs were on fire and today my shoulders are definitely sore. Total distance was 1320 meters or .82 miles.
  After that it was a quick drive home to scarf down an egg and cheese bagel sandwich before my core class at Jack and Adams. If you have the time and are ever in the mood for a humbling core workout I highly recommend Jack's free core class. It was probably about 40-50 people lying on towels or yoga mats in the middle of their parking lot being tortured by a very sick individual. I joke about the sick individual part because he was actually great and demonstrated all of the moves. Talking with my roommate Steven I have decided that there is no way that I could push myself on my own to do the amount of work on my core as I did in that class. So it looks like Jack's core class is on my list of reoccurring activities, and nightmares. So yes an hour of soul searching on the pavement of Jack and Adams and I was done.
  Except for a still had a run scheduled. Oskar and I did a easy 4 mile run around Lady Bird Lake and that was my day. Man I am tired just writing about it.  Today is Bike/Swim day. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment