Monday, April 5, 2010

New Week

  Out with the old and in with the new. Last week did not see a lot of progress on the tri training. I got a few good runs and a couple of sessions on the bike but that was all. Between allergies, dog sitting, landlord's house repairs, work, arm injury and well life in general I will declare last week a "recovery" week. Excuses excuses I know I know. Here's a conversation I had with my friend Case a few ago about excuses:
  
  Colin: (Me coming up with some excuse for something I didn't do)
  Case: Hey Colin excuses are like ***holes.
  Colin: Why? Because everyone has got one right?
  Case: No, excuses are like ***holes and I don't want to hear yours either!


 My friend had such a way with words but he's right. So this week's plan is to focus on the swim all week to rest my legs for the Cap Tex 10K this Sunday. It is a very crowded race, largest 10K in Texas, but it is a ton of fun. So I will be doing some running and cycling but no breakthrough workouts for me in those two disciplines.
  So on Saturday morning I ran my 10 miler with Rogue and my friend Peter. Again I was reminded about the benefit of training with friends. When we hit the hilly section I wanted to back off the pace a bit but Peter pushed us through the tough section. When I got back to Rogue my friend Barb, who is currently at the top of my favorites list, gave me her transition bag that she used for her tri training for a few years. This thing is way cooler than I could have imagined. It is divided into sections for running shoes, cycling shoes, and swim gear. The swim section is waterproof so after you are done swimming,  you pack your gear and the rest of your stuff doesn't get wet. It's awesome and thank you again Barb and I hope you enjoy the cookies.
  Today I swim and then head over to Jack And Adams to have my bike fiited for my aero bars. WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment