Saturday, May 29, 2010

Almost there.

   I cannot wait until recovery week starts. I love the triathlon training but I feel a little beat up and need a few days to let my body (mainly legs) recover. Here are the workouts from the last few days.
  I woke up early Thursday for my easy 4 mile run with my friend Tony. Since it was within Oskar's limits he was more than happy to join. After the run I let Oskar play in the water to cool off and I noticed that that the dock for the Cap Tex Tri had been installed for the race on Monday. We walked out on it to get a look at Lady Bird Lake from the floating dock and I tried to visualize being at the race. I am not even racing this one and I started to get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. After that Oskar and I took the canoe and paddled around for a couple of hours and did some swimming at Barking Springs.
  The next day was my long swim day so I put in a mile at Barton Springs in the morning. My neck is still sore from sighting which is when raise your head up while swimming to see what is in front of you and to stay on your path. It is imperative to do this when not swimming in a normal swimming pool which has clear water, contains lane ropes, and the bottom of the pool is painted for direction. In a lake or river setting you are on your own. Well, except for the people swimming AT you with snorkels and swim fins who aren't really sighting. It is a little frustrating when a swim fin guy is hauling past you and on their return they close in on you faster than a non swim fin swimmer. Ugghh!
  This morning was a 12 mile run with Rogue that started at 6 am. So after about 4 and and a half hours of sleep I was trotting alongside Amy on the hike and bike. She was running an 8 mile route so after about mile 4 or 5 we split ways. I started running with 3 other guys who I didn't know and ended up running the next 4 miles way too fast. I should have just let them pass me and then I would have had a more pleasurable experience. Too bad I didn't because I ended up dragging the last 4 miles in to the end with a 9 minute mile average. Oskar was more than happy to help me recover at Barking Springs after wards. I have to finish typing quickly because the little beast here is getting anxious and wants to go play outside. Dog park here we come.
  One more long ride tomorrow and then any easy week begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment