Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recovery Week Begins and Cap Tex

   Sundays ride was from my house in east Austin out to Decker lake and back. All in all it was a hilly, hot, humid, and hilly (did I mention the hills) ride. It was only 28 miles. I was hoping for mid 30's but I had nothing left when I finished. Let recovery week start!!
  Monday afternoon we went out to Lake Pflugerville for some open water practice. There are buoys stationed for a 500M course and I did one loop. I could have done a couple of more but I had to remind myself it's recovery week. The water was warm which helped relax me. After the loop Emily and I practised swimming over each other to mimic a group. It was a good swim.
  Memorial day is also the weekend of the Cap Tex Tri. It is held in downtown Austin at Auditorium Shores with several distances to choose from but the bulk of the participants go for the Olympic which is a 1500 M swim, 40K bike and a 10 K run. It was very inspirational to go and watch everybody and I think I might race it next year. My friend Craig who did the Rookie with me competed and did pretty darn well. I managed to capture him on film in all three sports but unfortunately the 21 mph speed he averaged on the bike made the bike pics way too blurry. So Oskar gets a shameless plug instead.


Clockwise from left: Craig Pre race, Swimming, Finishing his second run loop, and Oskar checking out the bikes.

Congrats to all the participants and next year I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment