Friday, June 4, 2010

Recovery Week makes for boring blog.

Sorry, the title says it all but I will write about this weeks training anyways. Tuesday was a light and easy 4 mile run on the trail with Oskar. As per usual we dipped into Barton Springs (aka Barkin' Springs) after we finished. We got an early start so it wasn't terribly hot when we got done running.
 On Wednesday I met my friend Paula out at Decker Lake to ride the Danskin race course that is coming up on Sunday. She just got a bike off Craigslist and wanted some people to ride with out there. It was a nice 12 mile ride with those famous Decker Hills. Paula did pretty good on her new bike and should have a great race this Sunday. I am looking forward to seeing my friends race the Danskin Triathlon early Sunday morning.
  The next morning was a "Recovery" run with Tony and Oskar out on Town Lake. For those who have been keeping up with this blog you may have noticed my annoying penchant for using a different name to describe the same trail: Town Lake, Ladybird Lake, Auditorium Shores, downtown hike and bike. This is because I cannot decide on what name to call it and if you aren't familiar with this running trail it makes it sound like I run at a lot of different places.
   Today was some more Danskin race prep with Emily out at Decker Lake. We got out to the water and saw where the crews were setting up the bike racks and filling in the swim exit shoreline with dirt. Thank God for the dirt filler because trying to walk out of the water on all of those slippery rocks would not be fun at all.
   That is it for the past few days. Tomorrow is a 10 mile run with Rogue at 6 am so no sleep for me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment