Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's On again

    The lazy recovery week is over and the workload is piling up already. I definitely needed that week off physically and more importantly mentally but now I am ready for another hard three weeks. Emily just completed her Danskin Triathlon, and did quite well, and is heading off to Spain for her sisters wedding (GO Aud and Javi!) so my training partner for the last few months is gone. If anyone out there wants a bike/swim/run buddy I am accepting applications. Applicants must enjoy long bike rides through Texas Hill Country, cold swims in Barton Springs and dogs as Oskar may trip you on a recovery run.
  Yesterday was an hour session on the trainer doing one legged spins and quick spin intervals. A bucket of sweat later and I was at Barton Springs with my friend Barton, no relation, for a 3/4 mile swim in traffic. You really get to practice sighting at 4:30pm on a hot and humid Monday afternoon with hundreds of people swimming, cannonballing, diving, snorkeling and just plain floating all around you. It was very good practice. We were done just in time for Jack and Adams Core class that starts at 5:30. Is is an hour long painful reminder that I am not doing enough core work. Half way through the class a couple of massage therapists set up a table in the parking lot and announced that they would be doing some free work on anybody after we were finished. A couple of people actually stopped doing the class to get massages while we were still doing planks, squats, reverse crunches and what not. We had to watch their bliss through are sweat soaked eyes. Wonderful.
  Today I am feeling sore in all the right places. Woohoo!! It is currently 71 degrees with 70% humidity. Hill repeats here I come.

1 comment: