Thursday, May 6, 2010

Back is back

I went for a nice and easy slow run with Oskar. We went 4 miles around Lady Bird lake and all went well. The back gave me no problems. Although it is still a little "Wonky" it should be fine for Sunday's race. Oskar was good on trail after he calmed down half way through the run. We got home and didn't want to waste the afternoon inside so my buddy Jonathon and I took Oskar and the canoe out for a spin. We paddled out from Austin High to the free side of Barton Springs and put the canoe on some rocks to swim around. Oskar was fantastic with the other dogs and he was swimming like a maniac. I like watching him learn things. For instance he now dives his head under water for sunken toys and he learned to negotiate the current at the springs really well. He was making tons of new friends but he apparently distracted these two girls while somebody came by and stole their purse. Oskar's cuteness is a burden he is learning to control.
  Tomorrow easy bike ride and or swim after coffee with my coach/friend Amy. Hooray!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to the back is feeling better. We're planning to spectate for your race. Go, Colin, Go!

    ReplyDelete