Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oskar day

   So waking up with my back still hurting I decided to make today an Oskar day and race prep day. Fist Oskar and I went to the Zilker soccer fields for some Frisbee. It's a great open area field that was empty. We had the whole park pretty much to ourselves. Oskar did great except for he apparently had a problem with the trash cans where I parked. He was going crazy barking at them. He was fine with the other trash cans in the park but the ones near the car were obviously evil doers. Go Figure.


   Next we went over to Jack and Adams for some pre-race shopping. I needed a triathlon shirt that I could swim, bike and run in. My main criteria was comfort. I am not referring to how comfortable the shirt is I mean how comfortable I am wearing the thing. My triathlon shorts are already skin tight and shorter than cycling shorts so the shirt can't weird me out or freak out the spectators. I grabbed two shirts off the rack and asked the sales girl her opinion. She said they both would work but the tighter one was preferable for performance. I tried them both on and despite her assurances that the more "revealing" one looked good I opted for the more modest choice.  Maybe I will go all out for my next race but not this time. I choose the Pearl Izumi sleeveless Triathlon jersey. It seemed an appropriate selection.

With that out of the way Oskar and I went to Auditorium shores for more dog park action where he can swim around. He did great minus a few notable exceptions. The worst was chasing the woman pushing the stroller with the crying baby for half a mile. Oskar was going nuts with that screaming kid. After that I tethered him to the bench I was sitting on while reading which was alright with him because he seemed very tired at this point.

Hopefully I will be able to do an easy run or swim tomorrow but I will be very cautious in my decision to workout before my race.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment