Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back home and back to work

Ok so I am on the final stretch of my triathlon season and it looks to be an interesting finish. Firstly, I am back from San Francisco after an 8 day vacation. I did get to do some running and a little surfing but unfortunately there was no cycling. On Wednesday I took my bike down to Buda and back for a quick 25 mile ride. It has been over two and a half weeks since I rode so my legs are feeling the soreness from that one. Maybe my vacation wasn't timed the best with respect to my training but I don't know how you say in french, "'c'est la vie," but that's how it goes.
  Today Oskar and I got reacquainted with running on the trail together. My friend Tony was sick so Oskar and I picked up the slack for our usual 4 mile recovery run around Town Lake. I found myself doing the exact same things as if Tony were there. Funny how when I stop for water or climb the stairs to the bridge I will always start again at the (Tony)determined checkpoints. It's usually a particular column, lamppost, or where the sidewalk begins or ends. Oskar did great and the cooler weather gave both of us a lot more energy to run. As soon as we were finished I unhooked Oskars collar and he took off to run loops around me, the other dogs, and all of the people at Auditorium Shores.
  Tomorrow is a long swim at Barton Springs and Saturday is the big day. I plan on riding the 56 mile bike course with my friend Tanner followed with a 10 mile run on the run course at the park. Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment